Quick facts about Alfred University, New York:
- Founded in 1836, it’s a private University, with state-sponsored programs in engineering and art and design.
- Located in a village in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains about an hour west of Corning
- About 2,000 undergraduates and nearly 300 graduate students from 31 states and 20 countries attend full-time on the Alfred campus.
- Students need to have an A, B+ or B high school average or SAT scores between 1080 and 1280 to be submitted. The graduate students should have a 3.0 GPA and above.
- More than 95% of the entering freshmen class receives some type of financial assistance
- More than 40 undergraduate majors/programs. Also offers internships and research opportunities